Proposal Formats: Topical Paper Sessions
In a topical paper session, the session organizers are proposing a complete research-paper session that consists of three to four research papers that address a particular topic. Unlike a submission for an individual research paper, the names and backgrounds of presenters, session chair and discussant should be included in a topical paper proposal submission.
Proposals for topical paper sessions should describe as many of the following as applicable, preferably in this order:
- Objectives of the session;
- Importance of the session to ASHE members;
- Backgrounds of the presenters as related to the session topic;
- Brief description of each research paper that will be presented;
- Structure and format of the session, including the designation of a session chair/moderator and discussant.
Topical paper session proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Contribution to knowledge (that is, the extent to which the session addresses an important problem and gap in current knowledge);
- Clarity of focus;
- Theoretical and methodological rigor of the research papers included in the session;
- Integration and coherence of panel’s presentations as a group; andThe overall clarity of the proposal (e.g., quality of writing, organization of ideas, clarity of assumptions, logic of arguments, etc.).
2017 Call for Proposals Links
2017 Keynote Speakers - TBA
General Submission Information
The Online Submission System
Proposal Submission Guide
Pre-Conference Forum Information
General Conference Sections
Call for Volunteers