The ASHE Board honors the noteworthy contributions made by one of our members in mentoring developing scholars in our organization. Mentoring is an essential component in the success of our field. Outstanding mentors are willing to share their knowledge to enhance the scholarly, professional, and personal development of others in our organization. Recipients of the ASHE Mentoring Award will have made extraordinary and sustained contributions to the professional and scholarly development of emerging scholars in ASHE and in the field of higher education. We seek nominations for individuals who have shown, through their mentoring activities, a tireless dedication to the future of ASHE and our profession.
Call for Nominations
Nominations are due
July 1, Noon Pacific. EXTENDED TO JULY 6, 2020, 8:00AM PACIFIC
To submit a nomination you will need the following information to complete the form:
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Coordinating Nominator
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominee
- A nomination statement up to 750 words which explains why the nominee deserves this ASHE award. Rationale may include, but is not limited to, the nominee’s impact on higher education theorizing, research, practice, and/or ASHE as an organization.
- 2-3 letters of support. For upload into the nomination form, these should be combined into one document, preferably a pdf.
- The nominee's CV.
New for 2020: Each nominee will be limited to one nomination. In the event multiple nominations are submitted, the committee chair will notify the coordinating nominators requesting they consolidate their nominations with the best three letters.
2019 Mentoring Award:
Linda J. Sax, UCLA
2018 Mentoring Award:
James Earl Davis
2017 Mentoring Award:
ASHE Mentoring Award Recipients:
- 2019 Linda J. Sax
- 2018 James Earl Davis
- 2017 Roger G. Baldwin
- 2016 Audrey J. Jaeger
- 2015 Alberto F. Cabrera
- 2014 Stephen L. DesJardins
- 2013 Peter Magolda
- 2012 Patricia M. McDonough
- 2011 Sharon Fries-Britt
- 2010 Alexander W. Astin & Helen S. Astin
- 2009 Marilyn Amey