ASHE Distinguished Service Award
Presented in recognition of exceptional commitment to the Association for the Study of Higher Education and significant contribution to its success.
Call for Nominations
To submit a nomination you will need the following information to complete the form:
Name, Title, Position, Instituion, Email, and Phone Number of Coordinating Nominator
- Name, Title, Position, Instituion, Email, and Phone Number of Nominee
- A nomination statement up to 500 words which explains why the nominee deserves this ASHE award. Rationale may include, but is not limited to, the nominee’s impact on higher education theorizing, research, practice, and/or ASHE as an organization.
Up to 5 letters of support. For upload into the nomination form, these should be combined into one document, preferably a pdf.
The nominee's CV.
Nominations for 2019 Awards closed on July 8 at Noon Pacific. Award recipients will be announced in late September.
Previous recipients of the ASHE Distinguished Service Award:
- 2018 Kim Nehls
- 2017 Kelly Ward & Lisa Wolf-Wendel
- 2015 Marilyn J. Amey
- 2012 Lester F. Goodchild
- 2011 Leonard Baird
- 2010 J. Douglas Toma
- 2009 Amaury Nora
- 2007 Estela Mara Bensimon
- 2006 Laura Rendon
- 2005 Carol Everly Floyd
- 2004 Wynetta Lee
- 2003 Ann E. Austin
- 2002 Barbara K. Townsend
- 2001 Robert O. Berdahl
- 2000 Mildred Garcia
- 1999 Philip G. Altbach
- 1998 Joan S. Stark
- 1996 Stan Carpenter & Patricia Hyer
- 1995 Daryl Smith
- 1993 John Smart
- 1990 L. Jackson Newell
- 1987 Jonathan Fife