ASHE Distinguished Service Award
Presented in recognition of exceptional commitment to the Association for the Study of Higher Education and significant contribution to its success.
Call for NominationsNominations are due July 1, Noon Pacific.
To submit a nomination you will need the following information to complete the form:
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Coordinating Nominator
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominee
- A nomination statement up to 750 words which explains why the nominee deserves this ASHE award. Rationale may include, but is not limited to, the nominee’s impact on higher education theorizing, research, practice, and/or ASHE as an organization.
- 2-3 letters of support. For upload into the nomination form, these should be combined into one document, preferably a pdf.
- The nominee's CV.
New for 2020! Each nominee will be limited to one nomination. In the event multiple nominations are submitted, the committee chair will notify the coordinating nominators requesting they consolidate their nominations with the best three letters.
2019 ASHE Distinguished Service Award
Jeffrey C. Sun, University of Louisville
2018 ASHE Distinguished Service Award
2017 ASHE Distinguished Service Award:
Kelly Ward & Lisa Wolf-Wendel
Previous recipients of the ASHE Distinguished Service Award:
- 2019 Jeffrey C. Sun
- 2018 Kim Nehls
- 2017 Kelly Ward & Lisa Wolf-Wendel
- 2015 Marilyn J. Amey
- 2012 Lester F. Goodchild
- 2011 Leonard Baird
- 2010 J. Douglas Toma
- 2009 Amaury Nora
- 2007 Estela Mara Bensimon
- 2006 Laura Rendon
- 2005 Carol Everly Floyd
- 2004 Wynetta Lee
- 2003 Ann E. Austin
- 2002 Barbara K. Townsend
- 2001 Robert O. Berdahl
- 2000 Mildred Garcia
- 1999 Philip G. Altbach
- 1998 Joan S. Stark
- 1996 Stan Carpenter & Patricia Hyer
- 1995 Daryl Smith
- 1993 John Smart
- 1990 L. Jackson Newell
- 1987 Jonathan Fife