Pre-Conference Forum on College Athletics
The Future of Athletics in Higher Education Research and Practice
Wednesday, November 15, 2023,
1:00pm-4:15pm Central/Minneapolis Time
Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN
ASHE Athletics invites ASHE community members to attend the inaugural ASHE Athletics business meeting. This meeting will discuss the current state of research on college athletics in higher education. Attendees will learn about strategies to support higher education research that centers on college athletics and about upcoming professional development events hosted by ASHE Athletics. The session will conclude with an overview of ASHE Athletics’ strategic vision for growth and opportunities to get involved with the group in the future.
This session is for:
- Scholars of Higher Education
- Campus Practitioners
- College Athletics Administrators & Staff
2023 Registration Rates
**Rates Apply for the ASHE Forum on Intercollegiate Athletics Pre-Conference Only.**
Other Pre-conference and registrations rates may differ. Registration blocks close at 11:59pm Central/Minneapolis Time on the indicated date.
|ASHE Forum on Intercollegiate Athletics Registration||Early Registration
|Graduate Student Member||0||0||15|
2023 Event Chairs
Please feel free to reach out to the event chair with questions about the content of the event. If you have technical or logistical questions about registration or the pre-conference:
- Email ASHE Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the ASHE Staff at (202) 660‑4106
Past Conference Themes
- 2022: Humanizing Intercollegiate Athletics in Higher Education
- 2021: College Sports & Colonialism in Higher Education
- 2020: Raising Athlete Voices: A Panel Discussion on Student-Athlete Activism and Free Speech
- 2019: NCAA Division I College Sports Finances: Where the Money Comes From and Where the Money Goes
- 2018: Moments In Athletics Scholarship: Stories of Educational Activism, Disruptive Innovation & Dialogue.
- 2017: Power to the Scholar: Emerging Media Practices for Higher Education Discourses on College Sports
- 2016: Advancing Student-Athlete Research and Policy For the Public Good Through Scholar-Practitioner Collaboration
- 2015: Accessing and Analyzing NCAA Data for Athletics Research & Policy
- 2014: Informing Research and Policy in Intercollegiate Athletics Knight Commission Database Workshop
- 2013: Invitation to A Dialogue: Student-Athletes and Higher Education.
- 2012: Student-Athlete Climate Survey Pre-Conference Workshop
- 2011: Publish or Perish? Meeting the Challenges of Publishing Research on Intercollegiate Athletics
- 2010: Aligning the Study of Intercollegiate Athletics Within Higher Education Scholarship & Policy