CAHEP Nominations 2019
The ASHE CAHEP Nominations Committee invites nominations, including self-nominations, for the positions of:
For all these positions we seek individuals who will provide outstanding leadership to an association committed to advancing excellent research and scholarship across the multiple and varied domains of higher education and contributing to the national discourse by linking higher education research and scholarship to policy and practice.
We ask that in submitting nominations you consider the vast diversity of ideas and perspectives, backgrounds and values, communities and commitments that our association represents, seeking leadership attentive to all.
Responsibilities & Terms:For information on position responsibilities, please see the CAHEP Bylaws. In addition, all ASHE volunteers are required to sign the ASHE Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Chair (November 2019-November 2022)
- From the CAHEP Bylaws:
- The Chair of the Council shall be elected by ballot by the Council through the regular ASHE election process and officially appointed by the President of the Association for the Study of Higher Education and shall serve for a three-year term. The Chair may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
- Vice Chair (Novembe 2019-November 2022)
- From the CAHEP Bylaws:
- The Vice Chair of the Council shall be elected by ballot by the Council membership through the regular ASHE election process and shall serve a three-year term, but not more than two consecutive terms.
To submit a nomination:
- Nomination Letter: We ask that nominators prepare a letter summarizing the qualifications of the individual for the role, including the individual's prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what the individual is positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
- CV: Please include the nominee's CV.
- Agreement to Serve: We would like each nominator to speak with each nominee and make sure that, if nominated and elected, the candidate would be willing to serve.
To submit a self-nomination:
- Nomination Letter: We ask that self-nominators prepare a letter summarizing your qualifications for the role, including your prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what you are positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
- CV: Please include your CV.
Timeline & Process:Nominations must be received no later than Friday, May 3, 2019,12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
From the CAHEP Bylaws:
Section 3:Nominations for and Resignations from the Executive Committee
- The members of the Executive Committee are the elected officers of the Council. A Nominations Committee of three appointed at the annual meeting of CAHEP members (one of which would be the immediate past chair) will develop a call for nominations for the Council officer positions. . From that call, the Nominations Committee will develop a slate of nominees for each position on the Executive Committee and submit these nominations to the ASHE office to proceed through the ASHE election process. .
- In the event of the resignation or absence of more than one year of any member of the Executive Committee, the Executive Committee will select a temporary person for the position until an election can be held.
If you have any questions, please contact ASHE Executive Director Jason Guilbeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.