CAHEP Pre-Con Forum
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Pre-Con Forum: Tentative Time: 10:00am-4:00pm Central Time
CAHEP Business Meeting: Tentative Time: 4:00pm-5:00pm Central Time
Barbara Townsend Lecture: TBD
2020 Call For Proposals
The mission of CAHEP is to enrich the teaching and learning experiences of graduate students and faculty in the Association's constituent Higher Education Programs within North America and around the world. Towards that end, the purpose of the CAHEP Pre-Conference is to facilitate the exchange among program coordinators/directors, faculty, students, and other interested members of the Association.
In keeping with this year’s theme of Advancing Full Participation, CAHEP seeks proposals to present research and scholarly papers or facilitate roundtables and symposia that promote inclusion and social justice through higher education program development. Towards this end we welcome conference proposals that philosophically, practically, and/or empirically address the following:
- New, innovative, or creative approaches to program delivery and structure (including but not exclusive to teaching, curriculum, learning, mentoring) that emphasize inclusion and social justice;
- Effective practice related to higher education program outcomes as related to inclusion and social justice (including but not exclusive to EdD and PhD programming, master’s education, internships, comprehensive exams, advancements in dissertation and other products of higher education graduate programming);
- Advances in the preparation of higher education leaders, public policy advocates, and teacher-scholars; and
- Inclusive approaches to the recruitment, education, career development, and retention of students, faculty, staff, and administration within higher education as a field of study.
Proposal formats accepted:
- Research Paper
- Scholarly Paper
- Interactive Symposium
- Self-Designed Paper Session
CAHEP Pre-Conference Chair:
Crystal R. Chambers- East Carolina University, email@example.com.
Registration for the ASHE 2020 Virtual Conference will open in late July.