CAHEP Pre-Con Forum
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Joint Pre-Conference Reception: Tentative Time: 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Pre-Con Forum: Tentative Time: 7:45 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
CAHEP Business Meeting: Tentative Time: 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Barbara Townsend Lecture: Tentative Time: 12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
2020 Call For Proposals
The mission of CAHEP is to enrich the teaching and learning experiences of graduate students and faculty in the Association's constituent Higher Education Programs within North America and around the world. Towards that end, the purpose of the CAHEP Pre-Conference is to facilitate the exchange among program coordinators/directors, faculty, students, and other interested members of the Association.
In keeping with this year’s theme of Advancing Full Participation, CAHEP seeks proposals to present research and scholarly papers or facilitate roundtables and symposia that promote inclusion and social justice through higher education program development. Towards this end we welcome conference proposals that philosophically, practically, and/or empirically address the following:
- New, innovative, or creative approaches to program delivery and structure (including but not exclusive to teaching, curriculum, learning, mentoring) that emphasize inclusion and social justice;
- Effective practice related to higher education program outcomes as related to inclusion and social justice (including but not exclusive to EdD and PhD programming, master’s education, internships, comprehensive exams, advancements in dissertation and other products of higher education graduate programming);
- Advances in the preparation of higher education leaders, public policy advocates, and teacher-scholars; and
- Inclusive approaches to the recruitment, education, career development, and retention of students, faculty, staff, and administration within higher education as a field of study.
Proposal formats accepted:
- Research Paper
- Scholarly Paper
- Interactive Symposium
- Self-Designed Paper Session
CAHEP Pre-Conference Chair:
Crystal R. Chambers- East Carolina University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2019, the CAHEP Pre-Conference was on a waitlist as of mid-October. Those wishing to attend the CAHEP Pre-Conference are encouraged to register early. Presenters, chairs, and discussants should register by September 15 to guarantee their spot; after this date, registration may not be possible depending on registration demand.