CEP Mentor-Protégé Program
The CEP’s Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) is intended to provide members of racially/ethnically minoritized populations with mutually beneficial mentoring relationships. To facilitate this process, protégés will be paired with mentors based upon primary scholarly and professional interests. Our objective is that this mentoring relationship will contribute to the protégé and mentor’s personal and professional development. The MPP highly encourages graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, administrators, student affairs personnel, as well as junior and senior faculty to participate in this mentoring program.
Find us on Social Media
Event Date and Time
- CEP Pre-Conference, Day 1*: Wednesday, November 18, 2020: 8:00am-8:00pm
- CEP Mentor-Protege Program: Thursday, November 19, 2020: 8:00am-12:00pm
Participants (mentors and proteges) must register and pay for the CEP Pre-conference. Participants will attend Day 1 of the CEP Pre-Conference on Wednesday and the Mentor-Protege Program on Thursday. Information on registration rates can be found at https://www.ashe.ws/registration. Because notifications for participants goes out after the early registration deadline, applications/nominees are encourage to register for the CEP Pre-Conference prior to the early registration deadline. Regardless of acceptance to the Mentor-Protege Program, participation in the CEP Pre-Conference is a meaningful and worthwhile experience.
2019 ScheduleThe 2020 schedule will be available in early Fall. However, the 2019 schedule provides insight about what to expect from this event.
- Applications Open: July 1
- Applications Close: September 15, Noon Pacific
- Notifications: September 25
- Registration and Payment Deadline: October 15
To complete the application form, you will need the following:
- Name, Organization, Role, Email, Phone Number
- Answers to the following question:
- If you are a graduate student, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are a faculty member, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are an administrator/student affairs professional, please indicate your functional area and how many years you have been in the field.
- What is your race / ethnicity? (Please check all that apply)
- What is your gender?
- Have you previously participated in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program? If so, in what capacity? (Please check all that apply)
- What are your research, scholarly, and/or professional interests? (Please limit your response to 150 words or less)
- What are your methodological preferences?
- What do you hope to gain from participation in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program? (Please limit your response to 150 words or less)