CEP Mentor-Protégé Program
The CEP’s Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) is intended to provide members of racially/ethnically minoritized populations with mutually beneficial mentoring relationships. To facilitate this process, protégés will be paired with mentors based upon primary scholarly and professional interests. Our objective is that this mentoring relationship will contribute to the protégé and mentor’s personal and professional development. The MPP highly encourages graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, administrators, student affairs professional, and faculty to participate in this mentoring program.
- You should participate as a protege if you are a member of racially/ethnically minoritized population and are a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow.
- You should participate as a mentor if you are a member of racially/ethnically minoritized population and are an administrators student affairs professional, or a faculty member.
Find us on Social Media
- Participants (mentors and proteges) must register and pay for the CEP Pre-conference by October 28 (Note: Late registration for the CEP Pre-Conference begins on 10/16).
- If a mentor or protege does not register for the CEP Pre-Conference, they will be charged a $10 Mentor-Protege Program registration fee.
2019 ScheduleThe 2020 schedule will be available in early Fall. However, the 2019 schedule provides insight about what to expect from this event.
To complete the application form, you will need the following:
- Name, Organization, Role, Email, Phone Number
- Answers to the following question:
- If you are a graduate student, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are a faculty member, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are an administrator/student affairs professional, please indicate your functional area and how many years you have been in the field.
- What is your race / ethnicity? (Please check all that apply)
- What is your gender?
- Have you previously participated in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program? If so, in what capacity? (Please check all that apply)
- What are your research, scholarly, and/or professional interests? (Please limit your response to 150 words or less)
- What are your methodological preferences?
- What do you hope to gain from participation in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program? (Please limit your response to 150 words or less)