CEP Mentor-Protégé Program
Saturday, November 14, 2020
10:00AM-2:00PM CENTRAL TIME
EVENT WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY
The CEP’s Mentor-Protégé Program (MPP) is intended to provide members of racially/ethnically minoritized populations with mutually beneficial mentoring relationships. To facilitate this process, protégés will be paired with mentors based upon primary scholarly and professional interests. Our objective is that this mentoring relationship will contribute to the protégé and mentor’s personal and professional development. The MPP highly encourages graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, administrators, student affairs professional, and faculty to participate in this mentoring program.
Who should attend:
- You should participate as a protege if you are a member of a racially/ethnically minoritized population and are a graduate student or post-doctoral fellow.
- You should participate as a mentor if you are a member of a racially/ethnically minoritized population and are an administrator, student affairs professional, or faculty member.
2020 Tentative Schedule
- Roundtable Session 1 & 2
- For these sessions, you'll rank your top choices during registration and be assigned prior to the event.
- Breakout Session: "Building and Cultivating Community within ASHE"
- Virtual Happy Hour
Jesus Cisneros (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Find us on Social Media
- This event is part of the CEP Pre-Conference and is free for those who register for the Pre-Conference.
- The registration fee is $10 for current ASHE members who do not attend the CEP Pre-Conference.
- The registration fee is $25 for non-members who do not attend the CEP Pre-Conference.
- Registration Closes and Payment Deadline: November 5, Noon Pacific.
- To complete the application form, you will need the following:
- If you are a graduate student, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are a faculty member, please indicate what stage you are in
- If you are an administrator/student affairs professional, please indicate your functional area and how many years you have been in the field.
- What is your race / ethnicity? (Please check all that apply)
- What is your gender?
- Have you previously participated in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program?
- What are your research, scholarly, and/or professional interests? (Please limit your response to 50 words or less)
- What are your methodological preferences? (Please limit your response to 50 words or less)
- What do you hope to gain from participation in the CEP Mentor/Protégé program? (Please limit your response to 50 words or less)
- Ranking of Mentor-Protege match criteria (highest priority vs. lowest priority):
- Research, Scholarly and/or Professional Interests
- Social Identities (e.g., race, gender)
- Geographic Region or Institution Type
- Methodological Preferences
- Experience in Higher Education Administration
- I have no preference
- Ranking of Roundtable Preferences
- Preparing for the Job Application in the Academy
- Preparing for the Job Application outside the Academy
- Finding Self: Scholarly Identity
- Career Advancement Strategies in the Academy
- Career Advancement Strategies outside the Academy
- Thriving as a Graduate Student
- Navigating the Publication Process
- Amplifying Impact: Navigating Social Media