CEP Founders’ Service Award
About the Award
Nomination Evaluation Criteria
When reviewing nominations, the awards committee will make decisions based on the following preferred and demonstrated attributes:
- Active membership and involvement in CEP for at minimum 7 years
- Previous experience serving in a leadership position, in office, or on a committee for CEP
- Advances equity, inclusion, and social justice in CEP and the broader ASHE organization
- Evidence and service to the development of emerging scholars, practitioners, and/or administrators
2022 Awards Timeline
- Nominations will be open from May 4, 2022-July 1, 2022 at Noon Pacific. Due to the number of submissions and the review process, no late submissions will be accepted; as such, nominators are encouraged to submit their nominations well in advance of this deadline.
- Nominators and nominees will be informed of decisions in mid-September.
- An announcement of recipients will be sent to the ASHE membership in late September.
To submit a nomination
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominator
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominee
- A nomination statement (no more than 500 words) that speaks to the nominee’s service to CEP and highlights the nominee’s dedication and commitment, fostering inclusiveness, length of involvement, type of activities, commitment, and/or making CEP a viable ASHE council.
The coordinating nominator, as well as the award nominee(s) (and subsequently recipient(s)), must be current members of ASHE.
Questions about the 2022 award process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations are now closed for 2022.
Each year, the Council Chair appoints an awards committee, in close consultation with the Executive Committee, to solicit and accept nominations. ASHE awards committee members are not eligible to be nominated during the year in which they serve on the committee.2022 CEP Awards Committee:
- Raquel Rall, University of California, Riverside (Chair)
- Kenyon Whitman, University of California, Los Angeles
- Channel McLewis, University of California, Los Angeles
- Chauntee Thrill, Appalchian State University
- Michael Moses, University of California, Riverside
2021 CEP Founders’ Service Award:
Natasha N. Croom, Clemson University
- 2021 Natasha N. Croom
- 2018 Eboni M. Zamani-Gallaher
- 2017 Denise O'Neil Green
- 2016 D-L Stewart
- 2015 Frankie Santos Laanan
- 2014 Mitchell J. Chang
- 2012 Terrell L. Strayhorn & Mildred Garcia
- 2011 Estela Bensimon
- 2010 Kim Nehls
- 2009 Leonar "Len" Foster (posthumously)
- 2008 Kassie Freeman
- 2007 Berta Vigil Laden (posthumously) and Bonita Butner