CEP Founders’ Service Award
About the Award
Nomination Evaluation Criteria
When reviewing nominations, the awards committee will make decisions based on the following preferred and demonstrated attributes:
- Active membership and involvement in CEP for at minimum 7 years
- Previous experience serving in a leadership position, in office, or on a committee for CEP
- Advances equity, inclusion, and social justice in CEP and the broader ASHE organization
- Evidence and service to the development of emerging scholars, practitioners, and/or administrators
2021 Awards Timeline
- Nominations will be open from May 3, 2021-July 1, 2021 at Noon Pacific. Due to number of submissions and the review process, no late submissions will be accepted; as such, nominators are encouraged to submit their nominations well in advance of this deadline.
- Nominators and nominees will be informed of decisions in mid-September.
- An announcement of recipients will be sent to the ASHE membership in late September.
To submit a nomination
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominator
- Name, Title, Position, Institution, Email, and Phone Number of Nominee
- A nomination statement (no more than 500 words) that speaks to the nominee’s service to CEP and highlights the nominee’s dedication and commitment, fostering inclusiveness, length of involvement, type of activities, commitment, and/or making CEP a viable ASHE council.
Award nominees (and subsequently recipients) must be current members of ASHE.
Questions about the 2021 award process can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, the Council Chair appoints an awards committee, in close consultation with the Executive Committee, to solicit and accept nominations. ASHE awards committee members are not eligible to be nominated during the year in which they serve on the committee.2021 CEP Awards Committee:
- Raquel Rall, University of California, Riverside (Chair)
- Chauntee Thrill, Appalachian State University
- Channel McLewis, University of California, Los Angeles
- Kenyon Whitman, University of California Riverside
- 2018 Eboni M. Zamani-Gallaher
- 2017 Denise O'Neil Green
- 2016 D-L Stewart
- 2015 Frankie Santos Laanan
- 2014 Mitchell J. Chang
- 2012 Terrell L. Strayhorn & Mildred Garcia
- 2011 Estela Bensimon
- 2010 Kim Nehls
- 2009 Leonar "Len" Foster (posthumously)
- 2008 Kassie Freeman
- 2007 Berta Vigil Laden (posthumously) and Bonita Butner