CIHE Nominations 2020
The CIHE Nominations Committee invites nominations, including self-nominations, for the various upcoming vacancies. For all these positions we seek individuals who will provide outstanding leadership to an association committed to advancing excellent research and scholarship across the multiple and varied domains of higher education and contributing to the national discourse by linking higher education research and scholarship to policy and practice.
We ask that in submitting nominations you consider the vast diversity of ideas and perspectives, backgrounds and values, communities and commitments that our association represents, seeking leadership attentive to all.
- Communications Coordinator (November 2020-November 2022)
- From the CIHE Bylaws: The duties of the Communications Coordinator of the Council on International Higher Education are defined by these procedures and include the following: Lead the Council's ongoing efforts to inform the membership of issues and events related to comparative and international research in higher education, as well as seeking ways to engage members of the International forum in meaningful dialogue. Coordinate the development of newsletters or brochures, as well as electronic forms of communication (including websites and e-mail).
- Graduate Student Liaison (November 2020-November 2022)
- Member-At-Large (November 2020-November 2022)
- From the CIHE Bylaws: The duties of the 3 Members-at-Large of the Council on International Higher Education are defined by these procedures and include the following: Serve as an advisory group to the Chair. Support the Program Chair with coordinating the International Forum program.
To submit a nomination:
Nomination Letter: We ask that nominators prepare a letter summarizing the qualifications of the individual for the role, including the individual's prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what the individual is positioned to contribute to ASHE and CAHEP through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
CV: Please include the nominee's CV.
Agreement to Serve: We would like each nominator to speak with each nominee and make sure that, if nominated and elected, the candidate would be willing to serve.
To submit a self-nomination:
Nomination Letter: We ask that self-nominators prepare a letter summarizing your qualifications for the role, including your prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what you are positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
CV: Please include your CV.
Timeline & Process:
- Nominations must be received no later than Wednesday, May 6,12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time (*extended from April 24).
- Nominations committees will create a slate of candidates in the month of May and follow up with nominees.
- The ASHE Executive Director will coordinate the election for board of directors and council executive committees in the month of July/August.
- Results will be announced to the ASHE members in early September.
- Those elected will assume their role at the close of the ASHE 2020 Conference.
If you have any questions, please contact ASHE Executive Director Dr. Jason Guilbeau at email@example.com.
CIHE Nominations Committee
- Charles Mathies
- Chystal George-Mwangi
- Hugo Garcia