CPPHE Nominations 2019
The ASHE CPPHE Nominations Committee invites nominations, including self-nominations, for the positions of:
For all these positions we seek individuals who will provide outstanding leadership to an association committed to advancing excellent research and scholarship across the multiple and varied domains of higher education and contributing to the national discourse by linking higher education research and scholarship to policy and practice.
We ask that in submitting nominations you consider the vast diversity of ideas and perspectives, backgrounds and values, communities and commitments that our association represents, seeking leadership attentive to all.
Responsibilities & Terms:For information on position responsibilities, please see the CPPHE Bylaws. In addition, all ASHE volunteers are required to sign the ASHE Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Vice Chair (November 2019-November 2022). The Vice Chair will serve as Vice Chair from November 2019-November 2020, Chair from November 2020-November 2021, and Past Chair from November 2021-November 2022.
- From the CPPHE Bylaws:
- The Vice Chair of the Council shall be elected by Council membership and to serve for three years, but not more than two consecutive terms of office. In the first year, the incumbent will serve as Vice Chair. In the second year, the incumbent will serve as Chair of the Council. In the third year, the incumbent will serve as Immediate Past Chair. In consultation with the Chair and Immediate Past Chair, the Vice Chair will prepare the agenda and related materials for the annual meeting of the Council. At the request of the Chair, the Vice Chair will assist on a variety of organizational matters. The Vice Chair will also serve as Program Chair for the annual Public Policy Forum. With assistance from the Immediate Past Chair, the Vice Chair will coordinate the peer review and selection process for sessions at the Council's annual Forum and provide the overall direction and organization for the Forum.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Chair to oversee the various functions of the Council and to report and communicate with the Board of the Association on the needs of the Council, including any necessary budgetary requests. The Chair will call and conduct the annual business meeting of the Council, chair meetings of the Executive Committee of the Council, and make all appointments to Council committees as described in this document.
- The Immediate Past Chair will coordinate the Nominations and Elections Process. In addition, the Immediate Past Chair will provide support to the Chair and Vice Chair as needed.
- Secretary (November 2019-November 2021)
- From the CPPHE Bylaws:
- The Secretary of the Council shall be elected by the Council membership and shall serve a two-year term, but not more than three consecutive terms of office. It is the Secretary's responsibility to record the proceedings at the annual business meeting and prepare communications on Council activities to be submitted to the Council's membership.
- Members at Large (November 2019-November 2022)
- From the CPPHE Bylaws:
- The Executive Committee Members-at-Large shall be elected by Council membership and shall serve a three-year term. In the first election for Member-at-Large seats, terms of one, two, and three years will be filled in order to provide for staggered ending of terms. Executive Committee Members-at-Large provide advice to the Chair and support the Vice Chair in coordinating the Public Policy Forum. They should be prepared to chair ad hoc committees or take on other, short-term assignments as requested by the Chair.
To submit a nomination:
- Nomination Letter: We ask that nominators prepare a letter summarizing the qualifications of the individual for the role, including the individual's prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what the individual is positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
- CV: Please include the nominee's CV.
- Agreement to Serve: We would like each nominator to speak with each nominee and make sure that, if nominated and elected, the candidate would be willing to serve.
To submit a self-nomination:
- Nomination Letter: We ask that self-nominators prepare a letter summarizing your qualifications for the role, including your prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what you are positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
- CV: Please include your CV.
Timeline & Process:Nominations must be received no later than Friday, May 3, 2019,12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
From the CPPHE Bylaws:
Section 2.1 Nominations and Elections
Section 2.2 Schedule for Nominations and Elections
If you have any questions, please contact ASHE Executive Director Jason Guilbeau at email@example.com.
CPPHE Nominations Committee:
- Tiffany Jones (Chair), The Education Trust
- Denisa Gándara, Southern Methodist University
- Robert Kelchen, Seton Hall University
- Vanessa Sansone, The University of Texas at San Antonio