Conference Travel Scholarships
Applications for the 2019 Graduate Travel Scholarship are due JULY 15, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Standard Time). All applicants will be notified about the outcomes of the process at the beginning of August.
Travel scholarship applications are released every summer and announced by early fall to support graduate students traveling to and participating in the annual conference.
In exchange for receiving an award, scholarship recipients are expected to:
- Attend the ASHE graduate student luncheon (if not scheduled to present at the same time) at the 2019 ASHE conference.
- Write a blog entry for the ASHE Graduate Student Community on a topic of your own choosing, to be publicly available on the ASHE Grads website and social media accounts.
- Assist with the facilitation of at least one ASHE graduate student session at the 2019 conference (e.g. taking notes, distributing and collecting handouts and surveys, sharing information through social media, and answering questions).
- Attend a short meeting at the conference location with the ASHE graduate student representatives and other scholarship recipients.
- Provide a short biography to be placed on the ASHE graduate student website.
- Submit a thank you letter (within one month of the conclusion of the conference) to the ASHE Board, which may also be shared with donors to the scholarship fund.
- Serve as a reviewer for scholarship applications for the 2020 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship selection process
- If called upon, assist with other ASHE graduate student initiatives during the academic year and help implement ideas for making ASHE more supportive of graduate students’ needs.
If you have any questions regarding the 2019 ASHE Graduate Student Travel Scholarship, please feel free to contact ASHE Graduate Student Representative Karen Bussey at Karen.Bussey@bison.howard.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about past awards applications, visit here.