Professor and Chair of Educational Leadership
The Department of Educational Leadership believes that education and leadership are foundational to transform society for the better. The department offers strong graduate programs in K-12 and higher education leadership and sports management and an undergraduate program in leadership. The department is committed to recruiting and retaining faculty of the highest quality, the integration of faith and learning, high-quality research, and outstanding mentorship of students.
To learn more about the department please visit https://www.baylor.edu/soe/edl/.
- The chair is the Department of Educational Leadership’s chief academic and administrative officer, overseeing the department’s research outcomes, educational programs, service, and outreach. The chair provides strategic leadership, insightful evaluation, and sound mentoring and professional development for faculty and staff. The chair is responsible for leading the department and enhancing its relationships with other departments in the School of Education and with the university at large.
As a member of the school’s leadership team, the chair reports to the dean of the school. As such, the chair is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing plans for new programs or initiatives that enhance the department’s national recognition for high research activity.
- Promoting professional development and growth among faculty and staff.
- Overseeing course scheduling and instruction.
- Addressing student concerns alongside program directors.
- Administering the department budget.
- Overseeing all department business and supervising office staff.
- Managing department policy formation and implementation.
- Managing personnel matters, including conducting annual performance reviews for faculty and staff.
- Maintaining departmental governance and external communications.
The anticipated date of appointment is June or July 2022.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, complete applications should be submitted by November 1, 2021.
Candidates should include the following in their application:
- letter of interest that addresses the position qualifications and responsibilities, including a statement of personal faith and potential fit with Baylor’s Christian mission;
- curriculum vitae;
- transcripts documenting terminal degree; and
- the EDL Application.
Candidates who advance in the interview process may be asked to provide contact information for three-five professional references. If you have questions regarding the position, please contact search committee chair, Dr. Brooke Blevins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials must be submitted electronically via the link below.
To apply for this position, visit: https://apply.interfolio.com/93671
Professor and Chair of Educational Leadership
||Baylor University, Department of Educational Leadership
||The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and professional experience.
|Posting Start Date:
- Doctorate in one of the disciplines represented in the department or a closely-related field with academic credentials sufficient to merit the rank of full professor.
- Ability to advance the Christian mission of Baylor.
- Ability to advance Baylor’s Academic Strategic Plan, Illuminate, through strategic faculty and staff recruitment, retention, mentoring, and program development.
- Proven record as an academic leader with relevant administrative experience.
- Nationally-recognized scholarship with a strong refereed research publication record.
- A proven track record of establishing internal and external partnerships through advocacy and commitment to collaborative and innovative approaches to advance teaching and research.
- Ability to foster a coherent and unified vision that recognizes excellence and promotes a collegial atmosphere of collaboration, achievement, and service to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituents.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with other School of Education leaders to help advance the school, department, and other individual academic units.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching at the university level.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining external funding.
- Leadership in national and international professional organizations.
- Previous experience as a chair, program director, associate dean, or other academic leadership positions.
||This listing expires on: 11/27/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
Baylor University, Department of Educational Leadership
One Bear Place 97314
Waco, TX 76798