Associate Provost of Enrollment Management and Student Success
Weber State University invites applications and nominations for the position of Associate Provost of Enrollment Management and Student Success. The university seeks a creative, innovative, student success-focused leader who is committed to the open access mission of the university.
The Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success under the Office of Academic Affairs makes students its first priority. The division is focused on the successful recruitment, retention, and completion of all Weber State students throughout the student life cycle. In line with the mission of the university, our purpose is to address the needs of students of all identities and backgrounds. Central to this is the idea of providing equitable access and eliminating barriers that have historically prevented the full participation of certain individuals or groups.
The division consists of recruitment, admissions, scholarships, financial aid, registration, records, graduation, academic advising, campus visits, NCAA eligibility, enrollment systems and operations, and other important services related to transfer articulation, first year experience, Bounce Back, and Starfish Early Alert. The division has the responsibility of distributing financial aid and scholarships in excess of $95 million annually.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Provost reports directly to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and is responsible for the following:
- Serve as the University’s chief strategist on all matters related to enrollment management of new and continuing students through graduation.
- Advise President’s Council on a regular basis on all aspects related to recruiting, retention, access, and completion.
- Provide leadership, direction, and oversight of the various units within the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success.
- Assist the Provost in prioritizing and evaluating the effectiveness of student success initiatives and strategies.
- Direct long-range planning including the development of new student enrollment targets and budgets, tracking these goals and reporting on progress to the President’s Council and the rest of the campus community.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff across the university to create and implement innovative student success initiatives to address and assess the varying needs of an open access institution including underrepresented students.
- Collaborate with the Chief Diversity Officer and the Office of Access and Diversity in promoting an inclusive campus environment.
- Promote a culture of commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion within the division.
- Provide leadership and facilitate the development and review of academic policies impacting enrollment management objectives.
- Collaborate and foster relationships with Weber State’s seven degree granting colleges and the Stewart Library, Continuing Education, and units within other divisions such as Student Affairs, Information Technology, Administrative Services, Diversity and Inclusion, Strategic Initiatives, and University Advancement.
Master’s degree or higher.
Minimum of ten years professional experience in higher education which includes supervision and providing student services or enrollment management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities or experience:
Demonstrated track record of successfully attracting, retaining and graduating students, including all students from underrepresented groups.
Ability to develop measurable goals and communicate strategic priorities, planning, and allocating resources.
Outstanding communication, collaboration, and trust building skills, including interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and listening capabilities, with the ability to successfully communicate with various stakeholders including faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni, and parents.
Ability to function in a complex, high-demand environment, balancing and executing internal and external responsibilities.
Knowledge of key functions and processes within the Enrollment Management area including admissions and recruiting, academic advising, registrar, and financial aid.
In-depth experience in enterprise system software, enrollment management systems, and data-driven analyses of enrollment information for decision-making.
Preference will be given to candidates with a doctoral degree.
To apply, please complete the online application and attach a cover letter, current resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin December 17, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Weber State University is an EOE/Minorities/Female/Vet/Disability employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
To apply for this position, visit: https://jobs.weber.edu/postings/15012