The University of Southern California’s Pullias Center for Higher Education is seeking a postdoctoral scholar to work on a mixed methods evaluation study that examines the Thompson Scholars Learning Community Programs at three University of Nebraska campuses. The postdoctoral scholar will collaborate with faculty, and graduate students. We are particularly interested in applications from candidates with experience in mixed methods research, advanced quantitative skills, qualitative methods, studying educational interventions, an understanding of learning communities, and success factors and transition factors for first generation and low-income students.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Have experience conducting rigorous, high quality and meaningful research;
- Advanced quantitative skills (e.g., structural equation modeling, confirmatory factor analyses, etc.) and qualitative skills;
- Work with a complex team across multiple sites and states;
- Publish academic articles related to the project; and
- Translate research findings into materials useful for practitioner audiences
Applicants should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, one sample publication, and contact information for three references. Please address the following questions when submitting your letter of interest:
1. What is your research agenda?
2. How does your research tie into the mission of the TSLC Project?
3. How will your expertise enhance the project team’s expertise?
4. How will this position further your research and career goals?