Associate Dean for Institutional Diversity
Reed College seeks a talented and experienced educator and equity scholar to serve as Associate Dean for Institutional Diversity.
The Associate Dean for Institutional Diversity will design and deliver diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) training and professional development programming to students, staff, and faculty. Topics will include identity, power, privilege, and marginalization, and their relationships to inclusive practices in classrooms, workplaces, and residential educational environments. The associate dean will deliver educational programming that fosters strong intergroup communication skills, supports inclusive pedagogical practices, and deepens the capacity of students, faculty, and staff to examine and reform both individual attitudes and actions and institutional structures and practices that exacerbate inequities and marginalization. Please see an expanded position description in this Position Profile. The Associate Dean reports to the Dean for Institutional Diversity, who reports to the President of the College. This is a full-time, salaried position with excellent benefits. Starting annual salary is $70,000.
• Design and deliver a comprehensive DEI curriculum to educate Reed community members who represent dominant, marginalized, and intersectional identities and are at all stages of knowledge and experience on identity, power, privilege, and marginalization, and their relationship to inclusive practices in classrooms, workplaces, and all other campus spaces.
• Coordinate and facilitate professional development programming for all campus constituencies that increases their capacity to educate students inclusively and work effectively with community members from a broad range of backgrounds and identities.
• Identify, create, and disseminate resources, training modules, workshops, presentations, programs, and services based on current evidence-based research and best practices that address issues of DEI in higher education.
• Develop peer-to-peer and ally training programs for faculty, staff, and students to support and coach their peers in their understanding and use of inclusive practices in classrooms, workplaces, and student spaces.
• Work collaboratively with campus departments and offices and provide individual consultation to faculty, staff, and student leaders to implement techniques and skills learned in workshops and other training activities.
• Undertake comprehensive qualitative and quantitative assessment of DEI programming and initiatives to measure its efficacy, particularly on the success of students, staff, and faculty from marginalized or underrepresented communities.
• In collaboration with other campus offices and departments, assess the efficacy of campus programs and initiatives on overall campus climate.
• In collaboration with other campus offices and departments, seek external funding for research and development of inclusive practices programs and the external dissemination of successful practices.
Link to position: https://jobs.reed.edu/positions/2020/associate-dean-for-institutional-diversity.html