The Activities Director will oversee activities, assist in research data management, manage budgets and procurement, and assist in grant evaluation and compliance for a National Science Foundation science education grant, SomosSTEM. The SomosSTEM program will research and implement novel STEM education practices at a Hispanic Serving Institution. The Activities Director reports to the Principal Investigator of this grant and assists in planning and running the grant activities for participants (students, NMHU faculty, and STEM community partners), with an opportunity to collaborate on research in practices that foster psychosocial skill development and student success among underserved populations in higher education. Overseeing activities requires the Director to supervise and coordinate program elements including a sophomore summer science academy, a community STEM internship program, workshops and guest lectures during the academic year, and embedded community research projects in introductory STEM courses. Continued employment for this position is dependent on grant funding per annual basis.
• MA, MS, or M. Ed in any of the following fields: STEM, higher education, educational psychology, sociology, or related areas.
• Plus 1-2 years of related experience in STEM, higher education, educational psychology, sociology, or in a related field. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience managing people, program implementation, compliance reporting, or related activities.
• Experience serving a diverse community and/or student populations.
• Training in research methods.