Research Project Manager
The Hope Center for College, Community and Justice at Temple University is seeking a Research Project Manager to join our growing team. The Hope Center is celebrating its second anniversary of supporting #RealCollege students with an expansion of its staff based in its new home at The Lewis Katz School of Medicine.
The Hope Center launched in September 2018 as a mission-driven organization focused on rethinking and restructuring higher education and social policies, practices, and resources to create opportunities for all students to complete college degrees. We value rigorous research, engagement, communication activities, and advocacy. Our diverse team is committed to communities that demand affordable, accessible, high-quality education from high school through higher education and beyond.
Project management duties include coordinating work across teams and general administration; assisting in creating research protocols and preparing instruments; organizing data collection; working with multiple levels of the organization and external entities to discuss services, technology, and project needs; and establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff to facilitate research needs such as data collection and partner communication.
Essential Functions include:
- Coordination of documentation and storage of data received from colleges and partner organizations.
- Contributing to preparation and design of data collection mechanisms for multiple projects.
- Preparation of literature reviews and bibliographies for our reports.
- Assisting in writing scientific papers for publication and management of the publication process.
- Assisting with preparation and submission of new grants/proposals for funding and research.
It is an exciting, rewarding, and challenging time to work with The Hope Center on creating significant social change.
To apply visit: https://temple.taleo.net/careersection/tu_ex_staff/jobdetail.ftl?job=20002818&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=
Research Project Manager
||The Hope Center for College, Community and Justice (Temple University)
|Posting Start Date:
||The desired candidate will have both research and administrative experience, as this position will provide opportunities for growth in both domains. We seek teammates who are committed to our mission, committed to creating and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and who are capable and comfortable with working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills & Abilities:
Required Education & Experience:
- Strong project management, analytical, problem solving, strategic, and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and be accountable for multiple tasks
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to work with individuals across a wide range of expertise (e.g., faculty, researchers, Executive Assistants, undergraduate students)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially on virtual interfaces
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint mandatory).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social or Computer Science field and at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- 1 year of experience with STATA, SAS, or R software is required and 2 years of experience leading and managing projects
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Master’s degree
- Experience utilizing online project management software (such as Asana)
- Some experience in education-related research field
- Experience with Slack or other electronic communications system
- Experience with Qualtrics
||This listing expires on: 12/4/2020