Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Founded in 1793 as the Hamilton-Oneida Academy and chartered in 1812, Hamilton College is the third oldest college established in New York State.
Responsibilities of the Position:
Hamilton College seeks an innovative leader to direct the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment. Reporting to the Vice President of Libraries and Information Technology, the Director serves as a key partner for strategic planning, decision making, and effectiveness across the institution. The work of this office springs from key principles that include integrity, inclusivity, curiosity, rigor, collaboration, and continual improvement.
The Director supports functions including student success, strategic planning, enrollment, academic programming, college advancement, and more through analyses, dashboards, research, and reporting. The Director promotes a data-friendly campus culture by leading data governance, ensuring the availability and integrity of institutional analyses, improving access to information through automation, serving on key campus committees, and working in partnership with data stewards across the institution. The Director will manage an operation that must meet new institutional challenges for analytics and continuing responsibilities in assessment, in addition to meeting institutional compliance reporting to regulatory bodies as required.
In addition to an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the incumbent will:
- Demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of effective, appropriate and rigorous institutional research and assessment in the current higher education context.
- Be flexible, intellectually curious, and able to manage details and big ideas concurrently.
- Have the ability to achieve stellar outcomes through collaboration and partnership rather than direct authority.
- Have the ability to collect and analyze data, to build effective partnerships, and collaborate across the institution to help forge the consensus needed to advance the College’s mission.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills, a capacity to work and communicate productively with multiple stakeholders and perspectives to collaboratively address complex data and analysis needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of research design, sampling, predictive modeling, report creation, data science, and analytical/statistical platforms.
- Have proven skills in working with senior leadership managing cross-organizational projects, while demonstrating integrity, credibility, sound judgment, and tact.
- Have the ability to translate data analysis into usable information for decision-making and policy analysis and be skilled in best practices using technology for data analysis and communicating results.
Application and Nomination
Review of applications will begin November 13, 2020. Position is open until filled.
A resume with an accompanying cover letter may be submitted via the Spelman Johnson website link below.
Nominations for this position may be emailed to Anne-Marie Kenney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Visit the Hamilton College website at www.hamilton.edu.
Hamilton College is an ADA/EOE.
To apply for this position, visit: https://www.spelmanandjohnson.com/position/director-of-institutional-research-and-assessment/