Grants and Contracts Manager
- Proposal Development and Submission
- Develop and submit proposal budgets, budget justifications, and ancillary materials to funders, ensuring accuracy and adherence to Teachers College and funder guidelines.
- Review and interpret federal and non-federal funder guidelines, and advise senior staff.
- Liaise with partners, consultants and subcontractors to develop and revise statements of work, budgets, and budget narratives for approval and submission to funders.
- Manage portfolio of approximately 10 grants/contracts estimated at $10M.
- Process and approve payments to vendors and consultants; staff and external reimbursements; professional development fund and travel/cash advances; and miscellaneous disbursements.
- Update project budgets daily and track payment requests.
- Ensure that spending corresponds with proposal budgets and grant/contract specifications.
- Reconcile monthly budget reports from TC with CCRC project spreadsheets; monitor expenses and variances; and prepare year-end final reconciliations and project closeouts.
- Work with Finance Director and Principal Investigators to prepare monthly, quarterly, annual invoices/financial reports and submit with progress reports to funders in accordance with grant/contract guidelines in advance of required deadlines.
- Contract Management and Administration
- Work with Office of Sponsored Programs, General Counsel, Purchasing Offices and project directors to develop, prepare, and/or amend agreements, and develop contractor scopes of work. Negotiate contract language within established organizational parameters.
- Manage and review subcontractor and consultant progress and financial reports/invoices, request revisions, and process and approve payments.
- Manage competitive bids and procurements including Requests for Proposals.
Management and Leadership Tasks
- Participate in TC focus groups and product explorations/pilots.
- Provide suggestions and feedback for new financial and administrative systems Participate in USDOE and foundation webinars.
- Track proposal and financial reporting deadlines and clearly communicate to staff well in advance.
- Work closely with CCRC finance team, senior staff, and Teachers College offices, ensuring clear communication.
- Learn, implement, and train staff on new systems adopted by CCRC and Teachers College.
The deadline to apply is December 20th, 2020.
To apply for this position, visit: https://employment.tc.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/506097/grants-and-contracts-manager
Grants and Contracts Manager
||CCRC Teachers College Columbia University
||New York, NY
|Posting Start Date:
- 3 years of experience in financial and grants administration, including preparing and submitting budgets, proposals, and invoices/financial reports to funders
- Experience or coursework in cost accounting principles and ability to perform related mathematical calculations
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and applying foundation guidelines and federal regulations
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office – Word and Excel specifically. Intermediate skills in Access and gift/donor relationship databases. Advanced skills in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Reliable, responsible, good judgment, highly organized, and willing to take initiative
- Able to work with precision, with strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and anticipate and meet strict deadlines
- Able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Successful completion of interview task(s)
- More than three years of Sponsored Programs/Grant Administration experience
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Experienced in bookkeeping with advanced skills in software
- Experience in reviewing/revising contracts
- Experience with organizational financial/accounting software systems
- Grants experience in non-profits or an academic institution
||This listing expires on: 1/10/2021
|| Send to Friend|
|| Return to Job Search|
|| Post a Position|
CCRC Teachers College Columbia University
525 West 120th Street
New York, NY 10027