Director, Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching
The Searle Center for Advancing Learning and Teaching is in its 29th year as a University-wide center, serving Northwestern’s undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools. In line with the University’s mission, the Center is dedicated to advancing the knowledge, understanding, and practice of learning and teaching at the higher education level. Through its long-standing programs and new initiatives, the Searle Center has established itself as one of the nation’s preeminent teaching and learning centers.
As Director, you will help the Center meet the evolving needs of Northwestern’s instructors at a crucial time. Key areas include:
- Provide vision and leadership for advancing learning and teaching within Northwestern in line with the University strategic priorities
- Collaborate with schools and academic units to develop and apply evidence-based learning and teaching initiatives across the University focused on teaching development, inclusive teaching, curricular innovation and assessment of learning
- Promote the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion in learning contexts across all fields and disciplines in the University.
The Center serves faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars across Northwestern’s three campuses and engages closely with Northwestern’s 12 schools and is a close partner with a number of academic units including Academic Support and Learning Advancement and Teaching and Learning Technologies. The Center Director reports to the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, who reports to the Provost.
Applicants should submit the following:
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position and approach for building and guiding the Searle Center
- A curriculum vitae
- The names and email addresses of at least three persons who can be contacted by the search committee for references. References will not be contacted without an applicant’s permission.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by July 1, 2021. Confidential review of applications and nominations by a search committee will continue until the position is filled. For additional information concerning the search process or for questions about the position itself, please contact the chair of the search committee, Associate Provost Miriam Sherin at email@example.com.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States. Northwestern University is located in an attractive lakefront community adjacent to Chicago.
To apply for this position, visit: https://careers.northwestern.edu/psc/hr857prd_er/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=40905&PostingSeq=1