Senior Institutional Research Analyst
The Office of Institutional Research (IR) aspires to advance Boise State University’s continuous improvement efforts by answering meaningful questions through data and analyses that inform decisions, stimulate action, and influence positive change. We seek applicants who are passionate about postsecondary education, committed to continuous improvement, and enjoy the challenges and intricacies of working with complex data sets to analyze, summarize, and report answers to various types of questions.
The Senior IR Analyst will draw on analytical and technical competencies to conduct analyses to support University and Academic Affairs planning, evaluation, effectiveness, and reporting. The person in this role will develop and administer large-scale University surveys, employ high-level technical and analytical skills, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methodologies, perform inferential statistics and analytics, program in SAS/SQL/etc., and clearly communicate through prepared reports and presentations. Examples include data/analyses that departments can use to inform planning and evaluation of programmatic efforts toward improvement, such as information from surveys, student transitions, alumni outcomes, etc. The person in this role is further expected to propose and develop projects for research and analyses that directly support University priorities and initiatives and develop collegial working relationships within the unit and across campus units.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply analytical and problem solving skills to address novel questions or issues.
- Design and implement institutional studies on a variety of topics
- Apply technical/programming skills to extract and combine data from multiple systems
- Administer and manage large-scale University surveys, including the National Survey of Student Engagement, the Graduating Student Survey, advising surveys, and others
- Identify and employ appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods for analyses to answer strategic, tactical, structured or unstructured business questions
- Prepare research reports and other deliverables, such as dashboards, interactive worksheets / workbooks, and / or reports using appropriate tools
- Develop productive and collegial working relationships within the unit and across campus units
- Continually hone his/her technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Participate in committees, project teams, or work groups as assigned
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate project completion and progress toward IR goals.
- Remain current in field of IR and engage in ongoing professional development
The Successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Analytical competence, including a demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage large-scale projects and research studies, write reports, and convey complex research findings to lay audiences
- Advanced statistical knowledge and skills as well as advanced knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Technical proficiency including experience gathering data from a relational database
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, administration, and analysis
- Ability to develop collegial working relationships with diverse groups of people within the unit, across campus, and with off-campus stakeholders as needed
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and organize data to derive meaningful insights, including the ability to summarize and present data and results clearly and accurately with appropriate detail and context
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and experience that demonstrates the ability to present and communicate complex data, methods, technical information, problems, and alternative solutions to individuals or groups/committees with a broad range of technical expertise
- A high level of accuracy, extraordinary attention to details, solid proofreading skills, ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, and adherence to ethical and legal standards in research.
Benefits: For more information, please visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/.
Boise State University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
About Boise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRhGeau8RlE
Required Application Materials: Please upload a cover letter that indicates your interest and qualifications for this position, resume, and contact information for 3-5 professional references. The closing date for applications is September 30, at 11:55pm.
To apply for this position, visit: https://jobs.boisestate.edu/en-us/listing/
Senior Institutional Research Analyst
||Boise State University
||$65,478 to $77,043 per year plus an excellent benefits package.
|Posting Start Date:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the social sciences, educational research, higher education or another discipline that involves extensive research methodology, statistical analysis, or reporting
- Five years of professional experience in a role that requires skills similar to the essential duties of this position, including at least one year of direct experience applying quantitative and qualitative methods
- Technical proficiency with SAS, SQL, SPSS or similar programming language to extract and analyze data
- Five years professional experience in Institutional Research or similar environment
- Doctoral degree in social sciences, educational research, higher education, or a related field
- Familiarity with higher education journals and literature
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and survey software applications (e.g., Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, etc.)
||This listing expires on: 11/16/2021