Assistant Professor in Higher Education
The Peter Sammartino School of Education at Fairleigh Dickinson University invites applicants for a tenure-track, Assistant Professor in Higher Education position to join the growing Ed.D. in Higher Education program. This is a nine-month, full-time, tenure-track position. The appointment is at the rank of Assistant Professor, with an expected start of Fall 2022.
The Assistant Professor of Higher Education will help ensure the delivery of a quality Ed.D. program to doctoral candidates through the teaching and development of on-line courses; advising of doctoral students; collaborating with other FDU faculty; and serving on dissertation committees. Specifically, the Assistant Professor will:
- Assist in the growth of the Ed.D. curriculum by developing and teaching on-line classes in the Ed.D. in Higher Education program.
- Develop external relationships with professional organizations and higher education institutions to help recruit and retain doctoral candidates.
- Advise and mentor graduate Ed.D. students.
- Help guide students in developing their dissertation by providing counseling and becoming a member of dissertation committees.
- Help to oversee program accountability by upholding doctoral level standards in writing, research, and assessment of students.
- Ensure integrity in student scholarship through gateway examinations such as the qualifying exam and dissertation defense.
- Contribute to the national visibility and impact of the Ed.D. in Higher Education program by conducting research, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and presenting at state, national and international conferences.
- Collaborate closely with the Director and faculty in the School of Education and with other Schools and Colleges at FDU to ensure quality of curriculum and program excellence of the Ed.D. program.
- Develop ongoing relationships with P-12 schools, other Higher Education Institutes, community organizations, and businesses.
- Assist in yearly program monitoring of the Ed.D. program by collection and analysis of data for outcome assessment.
Candidates should submit their application materials, including Cover Letter, CV, and optional supplementary documents, electronically through the Fairleigh Dickinson University Employment portal.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
To apply for this position, visit: https://jobs.fdu.edu/postings/7815