Host a Meeting/Reception
7/6/2020 Update: The ASHE 2020 Conference will now be virtual. We will be updating this website in the coming weeks with more information.
There are numerous opportunities available during the ASHE Conference to hold a meeting or to host a reception for your group.
To help you plan your meeting and/or reception, ASHE Conference Coordinator James Hines and Conference Graduate Assistant Terrance Knighten have created a helpful guide. To learn more tips and best practices for hosting an ASHE reception, click here. If you have questions or need additional assistance in planning your meeting and/or reception, please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process for Requests
In order to meet our obligations with the headquarters hotel, all space requests must be submitted through the ASHE Office.
ASHE will give a priority for room assignment to ASHE conference sessions and ASHE committees and editorial boards conducting ASHE business. From there, space will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
While there is no cost to use a room in the conference space, groups will be responsible for their own AV and food and beverage costs.
Meeting and reception reservation request no later than August 31, 2020.
Meeting room reservations will be announced on a first-come first-served and rolling basis, with final notices sent out no later than mid-September.
Food & Beverage and Audio Visual
Upon assignment of your room (by mid-September), you will receive a confirmation email with the hotel banquet menu and A/V costs (e.g., microphones, speakers, screens). A/V will be coordinated through ASHE's AV vendor and food and beverage will be coordinated through the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. Following the conference, the hotel will send you an invoice for your group's costs.
No outside food and beverage and no outside A/V equipment may be brought in without prior written approval from ASHE. If a group does bring in outside food and beverage and/or A/V equipment, ASHE and/or the Hilton New Orleans Riverside may charge the group a comparable fee.
Room Request Form
To complete the request form you will need:
- Group Name
- Event Coordinator Name, Email Address, and Phone Number
- Name of event as it will appear in the conference program and on signage
- Is the event Invitation Only or Open to All Attendees
- Requested Date
- For receptions, events occur Thursday between 8:00pm-10:00pm and Friday between 7:00pm-10:00pm
- For meetings, events can occur Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Events are not scheduled during main conference events such as keynotes or the awards ceremony.
- Requested Length of Event
- For receptions, options are 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3 hours
- For meetings: recommended length is 1.25 hours which is the length of a breakout session
- Size of Group (Note: This is to allocate a room size adequate to accommodate your group)
- Room Set-up Request
- For receptions: Cabaret tables; Large Roundtables; Reception (no tables or chairs)
- For meetings: Conference/Boardroom, Roundtables, Theater, Open Square, Classroom, U-Shape
- A/V Requests: LCD projector and screen, microphone, podium, etc.
- Will you need Food and Beverage? (If yes, the banquet menu will be sent to you once your room is assigned and your menu will be coordinated with the hotel event planner.)
- If you are hosting a reception, will you have a bar? (Note: This is to allocate a room size adequate to accommodate your group)
- Additional Information (open space for comments)