- Join: First-time members (including those who have never created a Guest account) can join online and pay with a credit card or create an invoice.
- Renew Your Members: Renew your membership by logging in and select the "Membership Renewal" link in the left menu bar in your member portal.
- Upgrade Your Guest Account: Upgrade your Guest account to a Membership by logging in and select the "Membership Renewal" link in the left menu bar in your member portal. On the next page, check the box under “Membership Type” so that you may renew with a different type of membership, and then check “Next.”
Why join ASHE?
Membership Types & Fees
|General Member||This category encompasses persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education and who do not otherwise qualify for another membership category listed below.||$185.00|
|Graduate Student||This category encompasses persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education and who are graduate students in a masters or doctoral program.||$90.00|
|Retired and/or Emeritus||This category encompasses persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education and who have retired and/or been granted emeritus status.||$100.00|
|Part-Time Faculty||This category encompasses persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education and who serve primarily as part-time faculty.||$100.00|
|Post-Docs||This category encompasses persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education and who are in a post-doctoral position at an institution, organization, etc.||$100.00|
Rates and membership categories as of 1/1/2019.
New members to ASHE are added automatically to the weekly Listserv.
Membership is for one year, beginning from the date of enrollment.
Once the purchase of ASHE membership is completed, the membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Members who need an invoice for the membership should contact the ASHE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 895-2737.
"Membership in the association shall be open to all persons who engage or are interested in the study of higher education, including students. All members in good standing of the association shall have equal voting rights. Members in good standing are those who are current with their dues. The dues of the association shall be in an amount determined from time to time by the board of directors and payable at such times as determined by the board” (ASHE Bylaws, Article III Membership, Section 1).
- A person shall become a member of the Association by satisfying the membership criteria and upon approval of one’s application for membership by the Executive Director and the payment of one’s dues.
- Membership in good standing is based upon being supportive of the purposes of the Association and current payment of dues.
- A membership application and renewal is subject to certification and approval by the Executive Director and, when necessary, the Board of Directors.
Membership may be removed for the following reasons:
- Non-Payment of Dues: Failure of a member to pay dues automatically terminates membership. At the member’s request and payment of current dues, anyone whose membership has been automatically terminated for nonpayment of dues may be reinstated by the Executive Director.
- Resignation. Any member may resign at any time upon written notification to the Executive Director. If a member resigns, their dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Removal. If continued membership of any person is believed to be contrary to the interests or purposes of the Association, the Board may terminate membership by a two-thirds vote with or without cause. In instances which fall outside of the ethics policies and procedures of the Association, the Board may employ the Ethics Committee to serve as an investigatory and hearing body for the Board. Or the Board may act on its own accord, following the due process protections afforded to members in the ethics policies and procedures but instead serving as the investigatory and hearing board; in this instance, the decision of the Board is final.