- Join: First-time members (including those who have never created a Guest account) can join online and pay with a credit card or create an invoice.
- Renew Your Members: Renew your membership by logging in and select the "Membership Renewal" link in the left menu bar in your member portal.
- Upgrade Your Guest Account: Upgrade your Guest account to a Membership by logging in and select the "Membership Renewal" link in the left menu bar in your member portal. On the next page, check the box under “Membership Type” so that you may renew with a different type of membership, and then check “Next.”
Why join ASHE?
The Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE) has several purposes: to facilitate communication among individuals concerned with teaching, curriculum, research or professional service in the study of higher education; for educational purposes; to provide a forum for discussion of issues affecting the field of higher education; and to work with other persons or agencies concerned with the study of higher education. In doing so, we strengthen the institutions that we serve. ASHE offers a number of resources and professional development opportunities that will benefit you and keep you informed of the latest challenges to colleges and universities and to higher education at large. ASHE invites you to become a member today.
ASHE is the scholarly home over 2,000 higher education researchers, practitioners, and students. As a member of the Association, you will receive:
- Discounted registration to the ASHE Conference, the annual gathering of 1,500+ members, 150+ breakout sessions (with nearly 500+ papers presented), four pre-conference forums, and numerous opportunities for networking and professional and personal development.
- A subscription to the ASHE quarterly journal, The Review of Higher Education. The Review of Higher Education is considered one of the leading research journals in the field. The Review keeps scholars, academic leaders, and public policymakers abreast of critical issues facing higher education today.
- Subscription to the weekly ASHE Listserv, a concise compliation of higher education announcements, job postings, and information.
- Free Job Posts on the ASHE Website and Listserv ($100 Savings Per Job Post)
As you review the ASHE website, remember that the Association for the Study of Higher Education can be your organization. We look forward to adding your name to the ranks of ASHE members.
Membership Types & Fees
|Emeritus, Retired, Part-Time faculty, and Post-docs
*This membership type applies to graduate students who are not employed full-time. Graduate students that are employed full-time should register at the Faculty/Administrator rate
New members to ASHE are added automatically to the weekly Listserv. If you no longer want to receive the weekly Listserv messages, contact ASHELIST@unlv.edu to be removed from the list.
Membership is for one year, beginning from the date of enrollment.
Once purchase of ASHE membership is completed, the membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Members who need an invoice for the membership should contact the ASHE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 895-2737.