- Payment is typically due at the time of the transaction. In some instances, when institutions and/or organizations require invoices for payment, invoices may be issued; in these instances, payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date or (for events) before the commencement of the event, whichever is sooner. If extensions are need due to internal bureaucracy, job changes, or other reasons that may delay payment, please reach out to the staff at email@example.com. In instances when an invoice is created, this is considered a completed registration with intent to pay. As such, the ASHE Staff considers your registration when planning for events. A request to cancel an invoice will follow the Refunds process outlined below.
- All account balances from previous events must be settled prior to attendance at other events.
- An invoice is considered a commitment to pay and will be treated as such. Meaning, that individuals who request an invoice are indicating their commitment to pay. A cancelation or refund request is handled the same as a payment made at the time of registration. In these instances, a cancelation processing fee may be due if the refund or transfer request is granted and is due upon receipt.
- Membership is for one year, beginning from the date of the transaction. If a member renews prior to their expiration date, their membership will be extended 1 year beyond their expiration date.
- Once the purchase of ASHE membership is completed, the membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Members who need an invoice for the membership should contact the ASHE Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 660-4106.
Event Registration Fees
- All attendees, presenters, and volunteers must be registered for the events for which they attend, present, or volunteer. Presenters and volunteers must be registered prior to the respective deadline to ensure their attendance at the event.
- Discounted conference and event registration fees are extended to those members who have an updated membership through the event date.
- Events may be canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. In most cases, the fees will be fully refunded; however, ASHE will not be responsible for other additional costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines and/or travel agencies.
- All event registration fees (e.g., conference, pre-conference, professional development, etc.) are non-transferable (to another person or to another year).
- Registration fees will not be refunded for weather or travel-related delays or cancellations or no-shows.
- Adjustments and/or refunds for event registration fees for individual who erroneously register at the non-member rate (e.g., you were a member but didn't realize your membership was expired) can be granted a refund of the different between the non-member and respective member rate plus a $20 processing fee:
- Membership must have expired no later than 30 days prior to registration.
- Requests should be submitted at https://forms.gle/G9XfZQbV2A5HkgDu5. Requests will be reviewed in October and a decision will be sent by October 31.
- 2023 General Conference and Pre-Conferences: For a registrant who is unable to attend an event due to an extenuating circumstance, a refund request must be submitted by the deadline. The request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be granted at the full discretion of the Executive Director. If granted, the registration fee will be returned minus a $20 processing fee.
- The request must be submitted by September 30 at Noon Central/Minneapolis Time.
- The request will be processed and the refund will be issued by October 15.
- To submit your request, complete the form at https://forms.gle/G9XfZQbV2A5HkgDu5.
- Requests submitted after September 30 will not be reviewed nor granted due to contractual commitments to the host hotel, including food and beverage commitments, headcounts, etc.
- Professional Development Events: For a registrant who is unable to attend an event, a refund request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event. The request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may be granted at the full discretion of the Executive Director. If granted, the registration fee will be returned minus a $20 processing fee.
- Donations: Donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Refunds will be returned via the payment method used for the original payment. If payment was made or reimbursed by an institution/organization, it is the responsibility of the registrant to ensure those funds are returned to that entity.