- Payment is due at the time of the transaction. In some instances, when institutions and/or organizations require invoices for payment, invoices may be issued; in these instances, payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date or (for events) before the commencement of the event, whichever is sooner.
- All account balances must be settled prior to attendance at other events.
- Membership is for one year, beginning from the date of the transaction. If a member renews prior to their expiration date, their membership will be extended 1 year beyond their expiration date.
- Once the purchase of ASHE membership is completed, the membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Members who need an invoice for the membership should contact the ASHE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 895-2737.
Event Registration Fees
- All attendees, presenters, and volunteers must be registered for the events for which they attend, present, or volunteer. Presenters and volunteers must be registered prior to the deadline set by the ASHE Office to ensure their attendance at the event.
- Discounted conference and event registration fees are extended to those members who have an updated membership through the event date.
- Events may be canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. In most cases, the fees will be fully refunded; however, ASHE will not be responsible for other additional costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines and/or travel agencies.
- All event registration fees (e.g., conference, pre-conference, professional development, etc.) are non-transferable (to another person or to another year).
- Adjustments and/or refunds for event registration fees will not be given to individuals who register at the non-member rate and later become a member. These funds are also non-transferable between membership and registration fees.
- Registration fees for in-person professional development events (e.g., Graduate Student Policy Seminar, Early Career Workshop, etc.) are non-refundable and non-transferable. Registration fees for virtual professional development events are non-transferable and may be refundable as detailed below.
- Registration fees for virtual events that are recorded are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- For in-person events or virtual events that are not recorded, partial (50%) of the event registration fees may be refunded for extenuating circumstances:
- Refund requests should be submitted at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQDurKI8bMQo3aNYIKUK4xHzV8_fDh54pVhquRUALJUddQTA/viewform?usp=sf_link by September 30 for the annual conference and pre-conferences or at least 21 business days prior to the event. All refund requests will be reviewed in December and a decision will be sent by December 31.
- Refunds requested after the deadline above will be treated as an appeal and should be submitted at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQDurKI8bMQo3aNYIKUK4xHzV8_fDh54pVhquRUALJUddQTA/viewform?usp=sf_link. Appeals will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are granted for very rare extenuating circumstances. Appeals requests will be reviewed in December and a decision will be sent by December 31.
- Refunds will be returned via the payment method used for the original payment. If payment was made or reimbursed by an institution/organization, it is the responsibility of the member to ensure those funds are returned to that entity.
- Registration for the 2021 In-Person General Conference, in most instances, can be transferred to the Virtual Ticket. A refund of the difference of the in-person registration fee and the virtual registration fee will be granted in these circumstances.
- The request must be submitted by September 30 at Noon Pacific.
- The request will be processed and the refund will be issued by October 15.
- To submit your request, complete the form at https://forms.gle/1i2vXFumxmCGxvcx9