- Payment is due at the time of the transaction. In some instances, when institutions and/or organizations require invoices for payment, invoices may be issued; in these instances, payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date or (for events) before the commencement of the event, whichever is sooner.
- All account balances must be settled prior to attendance at other events.
- Membership is for one year, beginning from the date of the transaction. If a member renews prior to their expiration date, their membership will be extended 1 year beyond their expiration date.
- Once the purchase of ASHE membership is completed, the membership is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Members who need an invoice for the membership should contact the ASHE office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 895-2737.
Event Registration Fees
- All attendees, presenters, and volunteers must be registered for the conference and/or pre-conference for which they attend, present, or volunteer. Presenters and volunteers must be registered prior to the deadline set by the ASHE Office to ensure their attendance at the conference.
- Discounted conference and event registration fees are extended to those members who have an updated membership through the event date.
- Events may be canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. In most cases, the fees will be fully refunded; however, ASHE will not be responsible for other additional costs, charges, or expenses, including cancellation/change charges assessed by airlines and/or travel agencies.
- All event registration fees (e.g., conference, pre-conference, professional development, etc.) are non-transferable (to another person or to another year).
- Adjustments and/or refunds for conference registration fees will not be given to individuals who register at the non-member rate and later become a member. These funds are also non-transferable between membership and registration fees.
- Registration fees for in-person professional development events (e.g., Graduate Student Policy Seminar, Early Career Workshop, etc.) are non-refundable and non-transferable. Registration fees for virtual professional development events are non-transferable and may be refundable as detailed below.
- Registration fees for virtual events that are recorded are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- For in-person events or virtual events that are not recorded, partial (50%) of the event registration fees may be refunded for extenuating circumstances:
- Refund requests should be submitted at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQDurKI8bMQo3aNYIKUK4xHzV8_fDh54pVhquRUALJUddQTA/viewform?usp=sf_link by September 30 for the annual conference and pre-conferences or at least 21 business days prior to the event. All refund requests will be reviewed in December and a decision will be sent by December 31.
- Refunds requested after the deadline above will be treated as an appeal and should be submitted at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQDurKI8bMQo3aNYIKUK4xHzV8_fDh54pVhquRUALJUddQTA/viewform?usp=sf_link. Appeals will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are granted for very rare extenuating circumstances. Appeals requests will be reviewed in December and a decision will be sent by December 31.
- Refunds will be returned via the payment method used for the original payment. If payment was made or reimbursed by an institution/organization, it is the responsibility of the member to ensure those funds are returned to that entity.