CIHE Pre-Con Forum
2020 Call For Proposals
The ASHE 2020 theme of Advancing Full Participation invites us to think about the role of colleges and universities in dismantling barriers that divide our world. Higher education has flourished in all regions and national contexts, developing different characteristics and structures. In addition, the mobility of students, scholars and ideas about higher education is one of the main sources of innovation. Higher education is deeply tied to nations’ competitiveness. While national origin and other social identities are significantly overlapped, but national origin is also a barrier to accessing higher education for many immigrants, refugees and People of Color in the United States and elsewhere. As the premier academic space for the exchange of ideas on International Higher Education, the CIHE Pre Conference Forum celebrates the many contributions of an increasingly internationally-mobile and globally-connected academic workforce and student body.
Proposals for the 2020 ASHE CIHE incorporate a comparative dimension in their methods or theoretical frameworks, or explore practices and structures that have international implications, including:
- Comparative studies analyzing two or more higher education national systems
- Studies exploring the conditions and consequences of transnational faculty, staff, and student mobility
- Studies examining organizational (institutional or system) global strategy and engagement
- Empirical and critical explorations of cross-border higher education institutions and programs
- Critical analyses of internationalization practices, including education abroad and internationalization at home.
The 2020 CIHE forum is aimed at the review and analysis of research on these critical issues developed in economics, sociology, political science, other social sciences, humanities and cross-disciplinarily, in a comparative perspective.
Proposal formats accepted:
- Research Paper
- Scholarly Paper
- Interactive Symposium
- Self-Designed Paper Session
Registration for the ASHE 2020 Virtual Conference will open in late July.