Board Nominations 2020
The ASHE Nominations Committee invites nominations, including self-nominations, for the various upcoming vacancies. For all these positions we seek individuals who will provide outstanding leadership to an association committed to advancing excellent research and scholarship across the multiple and varied domains of higher education and contributing to the national discourse by linking higher education research and scholarship to policy and practice.
We ask that in submitting nominations you consider the vast diversity of ideas and perspectives, backgrounds and values, communities and commitments that our association represents, seeking leadership attentive to all.
- ASHE President of the Board of Directors: The individual who is elected to the ASHE Presidency will serve a three-year term, taking office as President-Elect in November 2010, as President in November 2021, and as Immediate Past President in 2022. For more information on the responsibilities of the ASHE President, you can review the ASHE President position description.
- ASHE Members-At-Large of the Board of Directors (2 vacancies): Those elected to these positions will serve a two-year term beginning in November 2020. For more information on the responsibilities of the ASHE Members-At-Large, you can review the ASHE Members-At-Large position description.
- ASHE Graduate Student Members of the Board of Directors: Those elected to these positions will serve a two-year term beginning in November 2020. For more information on the responsibilities of the ASHE Graduate Student Reps, you can review the ASHE Graduate Student Reps. position description.
To submit a nomination:
Nomination Letter: We ask that nominators prepare a letter summarizing the qualifications of the individual for the role, including the individual's prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what the individual is positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
CV: Please include the nominee's CV.
Agreement to Serve: We would like each nominator to speak with each nominee and make sure that, if nominated and elected, the candidate would be willing to serve.
To submit a self-nomination:
Nomination Letter: We ask that self-nominators prepare a letter summarizing your qualifications for the role, including your prior intellectual and professional contributions to the field of higher education, to ASHE, and to other professional organizations. Thoughts about what you are positioned to contribute to ASHE through the term of service also will be greatly valued.
CV: Please include your CV.
Timeline & Process:
- Nominations must be received no later than Wednesday, May 6,12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time (*extended from April 24).
- Nominations committees will create a slate of candidates in the month of May and follow up with nominees.
- The ASHE Executive Director will coordinate the election for board of directors and council executive committees in the month of July/August.
- Results will be announced to the ASHE members in early September.
- Those elected will assume their role at the close of the ASHE 2020 Conference.
Nominations Committees:If you have any questions, please contact ASHE Executive Director Dr. Jason Guilbeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHE Nominations Committee
Kristen A. Renn, Ph.D., ASHE Immediate Past President & Nominations Committee Chair
Bridget Turner Kelly, Ph.D.
Gary Rhoades, Ph.D.
- Katalin Szeleyi, Ph.D.