45th Annual ASHE Conference
New Orleans, Louisiana
Pre-Conferences & Professional Development: November 18-19, 2020
Conference: November 19-21, 2020
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Dates and Deadlines
*Please note these dates and deadlines are subject to change
|January 31||Call for Proposals available
ASHE Conference Portal Open
|March 23||Conference Registration Open
Hotel Block Open
|Mid to Late April||Proposal Submission Deadline
Volunteer (Reviewer, Chair, Discussant) Deadline
|Early May||Awards nominations open|
|Early May||Reviews Assigned to Reviewers|
|Late May||Reviews Due|
|By July 1||Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
Notification of Chair and/or Discussant Assignments
|Early July||Award nominations close|
|Early July||Professional Development Applications/Nominations Open|
|July||Graduate Student Travel Scholarship Applications Due|
|Early August||Tentative Schedule sent to presenters, chairs, and discussants|
|Late August||Conference and Pre-Conference Schedules Available|
|August 31||Early Registration Deadline
Registration deadline for presenters, chairs, and discussants
|Early September||Deadline for Professional Development Applications/Nominations|
|Late Septemeber||Announcement of award recipients|
|Late September||Notification of Professional Development Acceptance/Rejection|
|September 15||Presenter and Volunteer Priority Registration Deadline|
|September 30||Deadline for Refund Request|
|October 15||Professional Development Event Registration and Payment Deadline|
|October 26||Deadline to upload paper to ASHE Conference Portal|
|October 31||Regular Registration Deadline|
|November 13||Late Registration Deadline|
|November 18-19||Pre-Conferences and Professional Development Events|
|November 19-21||45th Annual ASHE Conference|
The 2020 ASHE Annual Conference will include:
- More than 500+ research and scholarly paper presentations, 40 poster presentations, and over 100 roundtable papers presentations highlighting innovative empirical insights in the study of higher education.
- Pre-conference forums focusing on the intersections of higher education with public policy, international higher education, race and ethnicity, academic programs, and athletics.
- Graduate student events including the CEP Mentoring-Protege Program, CIHE Mentoring Network, and Graduate Student Policy Seminar.
- Distinguished keynote speakers (2019 featured Mildred García and Dolores Delgado Bernal; 2020 keynotes will be announced in late Summer 2020).
- The annual ASHE Presidential Address by current ASHE President KerryAnn O'Meara.
- Formal and informal networking through university and organizational receptions and group meet-ups.
- Recognition and celebration of ASHE Award recipients.
- The 11th Annual ASHE Dash 5k Run and Walk
- And more!